Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
VIP does not require its Website users or visitors to provide Personally Identifiable Information (“PII“) to view the Content on the Website or to browse the different sections of the Website.
Personal information about children who are under 13 years of age is not knowingly or intentionally collected.
Other Information Collected
We, our service providers and dealership partners may collect various types of non-PII when you visit the Website. Examples of non-PII that may be collected from visitors include: Internet protocol address, the type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer), type of operating system, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), domain name of Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon or AT&T), web pages visited, websites visited before and after visiting the Website, type of handheld or mobile device used to view the Website (e.g., iPhone, Blackberry) and content accessed. We may use third parties to conduct web analytics and similar services with respect to an individual’s interaction with our Website, including VIP System & Communications Portal.
From time to time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests, surveys or special promotional or other programs on the Website. If you choose to participate, we may request certain PII from you. Participation in such contests, surveys or programs is voluntary, and you have a choice whether to provide this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), demographic information (such as zip code), and, in the case of a special program involving a form of payment, payment details. We use this information to notify participants, to monitor Website traffic, customize the Website or send participants email updates.
When you send email or other communications to VIP, we may retain these communications to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
Use of Collected Information
The information collected may be used for the following purposes only:
- To improve and customize the users’ experience on the Website, and develop new services, capabilities and features;
- To manage the administrative and operational aspects of our Website;
- To comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies when we have a good faith belief that our cooperation with them meets the applicable legal standards; and,
- To take any action in any case of dispute involving you with respect to the Website.
Sharing and Transferring Collected Information
The information that we collect or obtain, as outlined in the preceding sections, may be shared with or transferred to others, as the case may be, in any of the following instances:
- Registration and payment information, information on forms you have filled out and requests you have submitted will all be shared with our service providers, for payment collection and processing purposes;
- Photos and other multimedia or content you have uploaded through the Website’s forums; blog or other public areas will be shared with all other users of such public area as well;
- To operate, maintain and enhance the Website, including by using server maintenance, optimization services, management and operation services of a discussion board or other open forum or blog within the Website, provided by third party service providers;
- If we reasonably believe that we are required by law to share or disclose your information;
- In any case of dispute or legal proceeding of any kind involving you with respect to the Website;
Aggregated or Anonymized Information
VIP collects within the operation of the Website, anonymized as well as aggregated information, which does not identify you personally. Such anonymized or aggregated information may be used in any way, including by posting, disseminating, transmitting or otherwise communicating or making it available to any other third party.
Third Party Links
VIP uses both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. VIP uses session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the Website. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You may remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. We set a persistent cookie for such uses as to store your app name and/or user name so you don’t have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the users’ experience on the Website.
Server logs capture certain non–PII, such as the time and date of a web and/or mobile visit, the browser and operating system being used, the IP address or domain name of the user’s ISP, and the web URL a user linked from. This information is generally but not exclusively used to help plan system enhancements when necessary and to provide content that is compatible with our visitors’ web browsing systems.
We may delete your Personally Identifiable Information from our systems or anonymize it if we deem it no longer necessary for our reasonable business needs.
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we implement security measures regarding your Personally Identifiable Information, to the extent collected, to reduce the risks of damage, loss of information, and unauthorized access or use of information, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is absolutely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use means to protect and secure your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that the Website, including the VIP System & Communications Portal and its databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unauthorized interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse. If you have any questions about security on the Website, including the VIP System & Communications Portal, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Governing Law, Jurisdiction
Please note that no entity worldwide, whether it is a representative, distributor, contractor, reseller or Affiliate of VIP is authorized to accept service of process on behalf of VIP.
Last update: 19.08.2018